Fall has arrived, bringing a bout of very Seattle-esque weather. But I kept the blahs away by getting a lot done!
- Hauled away another 10 bags of leaves from the pile (total: 80), and swept up another load. Rain prevented any additional work.
- Cleaned the gutters and the driveway
- Installed another shelf in a wardrobe
- Completely emptied out a large tub of old computer stuff, organizing the worthwhile bits and throwing out the rest. All that remains is to tidy up one final cable snarl.
- Purchased a "New Model M" keyboard from Unicomp to replace the 25-year-old M that was murdered by a glass of Orange juice just before the COVID lock down started. The Cherry keyboard I was using in the mean time was decent, but.. the M remains the best keyboard I've ever used. Meanwhile, the 27-year-old M that I've used for every job of my career remains locked away in the inaccessible $dayjob lab.
- Found a large nail in the tire of the RTV while doing yard work, but it didn't actually puncture the knobby off-road tires.
Lots of Rockbox work this week!
- LUA plugins can now use buttons on iPod external remotes.
- Fixed audioscrobbler file location on hosted targets
- Continued slicing and reworking the M3K code dump:
- Hosted target improvements:
- Improved LCD and general UI responsiveness.
- Handle PCM under-run errors when starting a new playback stream.
- Support muting analog output when PCM is not active (Rocker only for now, X3ii/X20 still have issues)
- Backlight fading sped up.
- xDuoo X3ii & X20 audio jacks can be hot-plugged at any time now.
- xDuoo X3ii & X20 key map and lock switch emulations improved.
- AGPTek Rocker WPS key map fixes.
- Improvements for 176/192KHz audio:
- Heavily reworked support macros.
- Larger mixer/DMA buffers.
- Enabled 176/196KHz all most targets that have hardware support and have sufficient free space for expanded buffers.
- Many bugs will likely be exposed by this addition.
- Triaged and closed several bug tickets.
- Set up another build host on an old, slow box.
- Used Rockbox funds to purchase a new M3K and used Hifiwalker H2 for R&D purposes.
- Research into various Chinese music players for potential Rockbox porting targets.
- A lot of thinking and discussions about ensuring Rockbox's long-term sustainability.
- Figured out the changes in the recent DNP QW410 firmware (additional paper sizes)
- const-ified a static data structure