What I did over the past week XLVIII

Home:

  • 6" thick tree branch punched a small hole through the house. Joy...

Vehicles:

  • Long-overdue maintenance on the camper -- topped off the batteries with distilled water, emptied, bleached, and refilled the (disgusting) water tanks, stripped out all bedding, towels, etc for washing, and relocated the stash of books and games into the house.

Rockbox:

  • Fixed a formatting error in the IRC log reader
  • Cleaned up some magic numbers in the ipod6g ATA driver
  • Fixed toolchain compilation with GCC 11
  • Finally completed project registration with the libera.chat network
  • Patch review and bug triage

Printing:

  • Lots of discussions on mailing lists about the IPP and Printing Applications
  • Put together a cheap laser engraver and rotary tool. After a little tweaking I successfully burned some art onto cork coasters and scrap wood
  • Got the cutter/plotter going for the first time in a couple of years, and properly dialed it in for the material I had on hand

What I did over the past week XLVI

Home:

  • Picked up a concrete birdbath for the back yard. Not a single surface was flat or square; took a lot of jiggery to get the base to be stable and the basin relatively level
  • Burned another couple of barrelfuls of yard trash
  • Cleaned out the gutters yet again

Vehicles:

  • Lower radiator hose on the WRX blew, stranding me about 20 miles from home. The replacement is still on order, alas

Rockbox:

  • Fix rbspeex build when using system speex libraries
  • More patch review & closed some more old tickets
  • Migrated Rockbox's IRC channels from Freenode to Liberachat

What I did over the past week XLV

Home:

  • Goats are all gone now, having cleared out about a quarter of the back yard. Poison ivy goes in, fertilizer comes out!
  • Burned up a lot of the stuff the goats didn't finish.
  • Un-buried the camper, and what I didn't put away properly got hauled away to the landfill. Garage is almost tidy-looking now!
  • Prep work to excavating the sand-filled bar ditch in the front yard

Rockbox:

  • Fix a crash parsing 0-length WMA files
  • Patch review
  • Started closing (very) obsolete bug tickets
  • iBasso DX50/DX90 support 192KHz playback
  • Updated Gerrit to latest point release

Printing

  • Further test/diagnostic command decoding on the Mitsubishi D70 & D90 families
  • Correct lifetime printer counter on the Mitsubishi D70 family
  • Add support for test print modes on the Mitsubishi D90 family
  • Detect & support "HG" media on the Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S
  • Properly log small transfers from a large buffer in debug level 2
  • Consolidate some Sinfonia/Kodak parameter definitions
  • Detect Sticker media on Citizen CX02S printers

What I did over the past week XLIV

Home:

  • Upgraded shaftnet to Fedora 33. I thought it went smoothly, only to discover six hours later that incoming (or outgoing) mail wasn't working. Three hours later I finally worked out the root cause; the antivirus scanner had disabled itself and that silently took down the mail server. What a mess..
  • One of my PVC-pipe-speakers took one tumble too many. Fortunately I was able to repair it using... PVC glue. It's a good thing too; otherwise I'd have to spend about $20 for new pipe fittings.
  • Fed the burn barrel two more loads of yard trash

Vehicles:

  • Oil changes and coolant top-offs on the truck and WRX.

Rockbox:

  • A lot of cleanup to old/duplicated gerrit accounts. Found a bug in upstream gerrit in the process!
  • The usual patch reviews

Photo Organizer:

  • Fixed a long-standing printing bug where embedded ICC profiles were being ignored

Printing

  • Silence spurious INFO output in BACKEND_STATS_ONLY modes
  • Support built-in-self-test print generation on the Mitsubishi D70 and its siblings.

What I did over the past week XLIII

Home:

  • Upgraded 3 more systems to Fedora 34.
  • Had some goats over to do some landscaping
  • Minor yard work, including gutter cleaning. The burn barrel is now 2/3rds full of ash and new charcoal.

Rockbox:

  • Updated the bug tracker to Flyspray 1.0-rc10
  • Reviewed a whopping one patch

Printing

  • Cleanups in the early probe/attach code