What I did over the past week VII

Here's the highlights of what I did over the past seven days.

Home:

  • New battery and alternator belt in RTV (coincidental, I think)
  • New A/C compressor for the house ($1800 worth of ouch)
  • Home workstation storage shuffle
  • Installed a tilt-out under-sink storage cubby in the master bathroom
  • Installed return air path vents in Master bedroom
  • Another 8 bags of leaves filled and hauled off; would have been more but it's been raining pretty heavily all week (total so far: 28)

Rockbox-specific:

  • Ongpoing bug triage
  • Minor infrastructure tweaks
  • Wrote the missing manual entry for the Mikmod plugin
  • Wrote most of the manual for the xDuoo X3
  • Fixed some minor keymap bugs on the xDuoo X3

Printing-related:

  • Bugfixes for Sinfonia S2245/S3 -- All sizes now confirmed working

What I did over the past week VI

Here's the highlights of what I did over the past seven days.

Home:

  • Installed supplemental LED lighting on RTV
  • Front yard leaves are finally done [enough], onto the back yard now
  • Started bagging up the giant leaf pile; 20 30-gallon bags so far (truck only holds 12 at a time!)
  • Workstation's SSD shat a brick, some data loss
  • HVAC failure at the house Friday afternoon, repair scheduled for Tuesday
  • Lack of A/C, poison ivy rashes, and a general need to rest scuttled most weekend todo

Rockbox-specific:

  • More accurate jz4760 udelay()
  • Finally got the top-level rockbox.org migrated to new infra and updated the SSL certificate
  • Triaged a few more bugs

Printing-related:

  • Get rid of global state in lib6145
  • Un-hardcode use of stderr for logging
  • Common USB connection object
  • Minor cleanup of some internal variable names
  • Discussions about a Gutenprint Printing App

What I did over the past week V

Here's the highlights of what I did over the past seven days.

Home:

  • New set of batteries in the camper, due to the old ones suffering internal damage
  • Replaced front CV axles on the RTV, changed front-end fluids, air filters, and the engine oil (again)
  • Yet more yard work -- most of the leaves in the front are now up
  • Unpacked a couple of the remaining boxes from last summer's move

Rockbox-specific:

  • Major xDuoo X3 clocking changes -- Dynamic CPU reclocking, audio PLL downclocked, and USB & SD ratios fixed. Higher peformance, better battery life, and more stable to boot!
  • Triaged a few more old bug tickets and patches
  • Fixed plugin path bugs affecting the Rocker, X3ii, and X20
  • Enabled variable sample rate playback on the Rocker, X3, X3ii, and X20 (was previously fixed at 44.1KHz)
  • Upgraded mikmod plugin to upstream code and improved its configurability

Printing-related:

  • Finished reverse-engineering the S2245 library, fixed many bugs in the driver, and it all works!
  • Initial work on the S6145-5A/CS2-c "hashtag" printer
  • Got my FC7000 cutter/plotter un-buried and on the network

Sinfonia S3 / CHC-S2245 working!

241101:362356

It's only been a week since I got my hands on this thing, but I'm pleased to announce it's now fully usable under Linux. This includes a reverse-engineered version of the S2245's image processing library, which thankfully turned out to be far simpler than I'd first feared. Or maybe I'm just getting that much better at figuring all this stuff out?

I haven't come up with a sane way to do validate the RE library's output, as Sinfonia's official image processing library appears to only be available for Windows. That said, the ICC-corrected output looks pretty good, so there's nothing grossly wrong.

To take advantage of this support, you'll need to grab Gutenprint out of git (or a snapshot/release dated after 2020-08-05) along with selphy_print (of similar vintage) to pick up the library.

Meanwhile, the Kodak 6900 and HiTi M610 stand a pretty good chance of working too, but that will need to be indepedently confirmed.

What I did over the past week IV

One whole month, wow.

Here's the highlights of what I did over the past seven days:

  • Changed the RTV's transmission's filters and hydraulic fluid, the fuel filter, and a particularly nasty coolant flush
  • Replaced the winch wiring that got ripped out by a branch. Two years ago
  • More yard work (so...many...leaves...)
  • Mounted a second bird feeder onto the existing pole, and further escalated the anti-anti-anti-squirrel countermeasures
  • Ongoing garage cleanup and organiation
  • Discovered one of the camper's batteries popped its vent caps
  • Months-overdue OS upgrade on ShaftNet

Rockbox-specific:

  • Housecleaning on the forums
  • Further refinements to the revamped translation backend
  • Merged a couple of decade-old patches for early iPod models

Printing-related:

  • Added Mitsubishi CP-M15 to Gutenprint (functionally equivalent to CP-M1 family)
  • Significant progress with the Sinfonia S3 / CHC-S2245, including recreating the new image processing library
  • Refactoring the CHC-S6145 backend to accomodate the S3 changes